Tuesday, July 30, 2013

More Convergence Terrain (Pond and Forest)

The Convergence release event is right around the corner, and the past league revolved around them.  This gave me an opportunity to put my 40k design aesthetics to work, as an army of robots is a good excuse for some semi-futuristic elements.  I like my terrain to tell a story, and these pieces reflect a region controlled by the Convergence of Cyriss.  The lightning was a fun exercise in dynamic elements in a static terrain piece, and serves to tie them all together.


Lesson learned about water effects:  Don't just dump it all in at once, do it in thin layers, or else you'll end up with a cloudy mess that takes a week to dry.

 The burnt forest idea came to me as a result of being lazy and not wanting to put leaves on the trees.







2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Was this just using water effects or did you use a clear resin for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite a few layers of water effects. Over the past year it has also continued to shrink (evaporate?), so I'll be refilling it with the same material.

    ReplyDelete