Thursday, August 15, 2013

Then and Now

Reddit had the fun topic of posting your first miniature and your most recently completed.  It's crazy to see how far we come with some practice.

My very first entry into wargaming and miniature painting was a 40k Tyranid Broodlord, back in 2006. These are the only two pictures I've got of him, and the lack of detail isn't just from the camera flash.






Several months into the hobby, I repainted the details on him, both to improve his look and match the rest of my army.
 I've still got this mini, and part of me wishes I had kept him the way he was for nostalgia's sake. 

My most recently completed mini was Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper from Warmachine.



I'm using entirely different techniques and paints now, and it shows.  There's great resources out there on how to improve, and even just skimming through them will make you a better painter.  I don't have any advice or breakdowns on my methods currently posted, but I'm happy to answer any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment