Saturday, June 28, 2014

Skrons MEGAPOST

I've been painting all these Skorne for my brother, and it's probably about time I upload some pictures.  He wanted a darker look to them than the studio scheme, so I delivered.



Check out the mega album, including a beast or two, some units, and a few warlocks!


eHexeris has a nice rack, and that spear of his is pretty sweet.  I'm happy with the method I use to paint gems (lightest to darkest, with a dot of white in the opposite hemisphere), but I worry that it's a one-trick pony kind of deal.  Gloss coat is cheating btw.


eMakeda has a very nice hat, and those scabbards are both fiddly and needless!




Just Morghoul.  Better lighting this time around.


Better shots of one of the big guys.  The gladiator was my introduction to both Skorne and warbeast painting.



I did up a nice Bronzeback as well, but he's at the doctor for a broken tusk.  Look for him in a future post.  His owner maltreats him a bit.

Skron Swordbros (Praetorian Swordsmen)

 Nice range of semi-dynamic poses.
 Very happy with how the red has turned out on this army.
And unfortunately, there is apparently a plastic resculpt of the entire unit which will be released soon after I finished painting them.

What self-respecting unit goes to battle without their attachment?


Oh and those blank flags are all going to get dicks painted on them if their owner doesn't come up with something for me to add to the blankness!

Beast handlers with some limp noodle whips.  When I painted them, they were sticking out and dramatic, like they were whipping something.

Now they just kind of hang there.  The joys of transporting miniatures.


Last up are these savages.  Severely underdressed for this establishment.



That's about all the Skrons I've finished thus far.  I think my next commission is going to be Cataphract Indindiarii, so hello heavy armor!

No comments:

Post a Comment