Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Random Acts of Retribution

I neglect this blog most of the time, and I haven't really uploaded pictures of my primary army, save for a few conversions.  I love the look of Retribution, and the theme of desperate, brutal elves was unique enough to get my attention.

In this short album I'm showcasing a few of the myrmidons, and one of my favorite casters.


Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper
The plastic Kaelyssa that came with the starter box has a nice, dynamic pose that suits her better than the static "charge!" pose of the regular metal sculpt.  The downside is that this model is soft plastic, and some of the details are a bit washed out.  I stripped down and repainted this one, as I wasn't happy with my initial work (from a year ago).
I'm especially proud of the eyes on this one, and yes I know it's hard to pick out on the monitor, you'll just have to trust me.

Griffon

Griffons are fast, powerfully charging light myrmidons, and I wanted one that represented that on the table.  I did a bit of resculpting, especially in the legs to achieve the look of this one diving over a rock at its target.

The tricky part was balancing it out so that the whole thing didn't tip over.  I tried with coins and weights on a standard base, which was a disaster.  The best solution turned out to be a metal base.  Solid as a rock!


Phoenix

The Phoenix is characterized by its fiery attacks, thermal blade, and the constantly regenerating shield via the "Phoenix Field" ability.  It was also a good chance to attempt sculpting fire.  I chose greenish bluish fire to continue the theme of arcane energy output by the Retribution myrmidons.
And of course, he has to be lighting the path he walks on fire!  Back to the Future was a likely inspiration in my subconscious.
 

Discordia
 Finally, just a look at Discordia.  I like the pose, and the little piece of "elf-street" that it's standing on.


No comments:

Post a Comment